Trackday 15 March

trackerjack

Here you go Brucie full instructions.
Looks like we will be looking out the side windows some of the time!

Wet airfield tracks are quite good cos it negates the powerful stuff I even went past a Dodge Viper.

Colerne Directions
Please use our routes to the airfield. Many of the local roads are small and narrow and are not suitable for sportscars, vans etc. Please adhere at all times to speed limits and be kind and courteous to other drivers. We are keen to maintain our good relations with local people and ensure this magnificent venue stays on the track day calendar for many years. Please note that the gate will open at 8am.
From J17 of M4 (Chippenham)
Take A350 towards Chippenham. Stay on A350 past several roundabouts and go past signs to Castle Combe Circuit.
At roundabout with the A4 head right joining the A4 towards Bath/Corsham.
Stay on A4 through Corsham/Box/Ashley/Bathford.
At roundabout near Batheaston take the 3rd exit bearing right into Batheaston village and not onto the dual carriageway.
At mini roundabout take 3rd exit (hard right) towards Colerne.
Steep hill for 2 miles and narrow - follow road ahead.
Pass sign to Box on right.
You will come to a sign that says Ford/Colerne which would follow the road to the right. Instead turn off this road to left, which is almost straight ahead signed to Shoe.
You are now outside of the airfield.
You will pass on your left Sabis International School, keep following road ahead.
Take the first tuning on right into Colerne Airfield (which is Crash Gate 4) – if you go further than this you will come to various Aircraft Hangars – turn around and go back!
From J18 of M4 (Bath)
Take A46 towards Bath. Go straight over roundabout with A420 staying on the A46 and past Cold Ashton/Upper Swanswick etc.
Go to the end of the A46 and this will take you to a large roundabout and traffic lights. Take 2nd exit following signs to Chippenham A4.
A4 Dual carriageway, caution 50mph limit and speed camera.
At roundabout, take 1st exit to Batheaston/North End/Colerne. Note 30mph speed limit in village.
At mini roundabout take 3rd exit (hard right) towards Colerne.
Steep hill for 2 miles and narrow - follow road ahead.
Pass sign to Box on right.
You will come to a sign that says Ford/Colerne which would follow the road to the right. Instead turn off this road to left, which is almost straight ahead signed to Shoe.
You are now outside of the airfield.
You will pass on your left Sabis International School, keep following road ahead.
Take the first tuning on right into Colerne Airfield (which is Crash Gate 4) – if you go further than this you will come to various Aircraft Hangars – turn around and go back!

Hope you all have a great day - let us know how you get on and maybe we can team up with them for another event later on in the year.

PS - really sorry about Silverstone this year - it's the MGoT's flagship event and as suspected - they had no trouble selling it out. :(

Just a brief attendance on my part today, great fun none the less. Good to meet up with Jon and Diane for another few laps in that marvellous Sprint ;D Thank you!. Skooby was in a rather dashing Jensen Healey, very nice indeed  8)
Mad Mart and Trackerjack had some good dicing sessions, though the rain did affect the racing slicks....
Was that Paul in the Red Dolly Sprint on 2" SU's? very nice indeed! In fact there were some really nice cars there today- it was Dolomite-tastic!
For all its recent travails, the forum has brought great pleasure in bringing us enthusiasts together and spending more time enjoying our cars.  :)
Bring on Castle Coombe in July!

I know Roy will never believe me, but there was even more oil on the hardstanding without my car there! :D

Here is a taste of what happened just after going grass cutting with Bruce as a passenger (mad fool) and I apologise for not answering some of his comments cos with a bone dome on I cannot hear so good.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VF6v6jM7WY4&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VF6v6jM7WY4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Had a great day at Colerne, a new track to me.  Some exciting sessions as passenger round the track with my 'worse half', Trackerjack, and a few good fun sessions with me driving.  :)  It was an enjoyable day even though a wet one!   Good to see so many Sprints and great to see them going so well.  :)

A-ha, the pug was caught on video! The footage doesn't do the rain justice, it got much worse as the day wore on.
Mental note for me for next time, try to think of omething intelligent to say when being recorded!
Thanks again Jon/Diane, for a lovely trip out. :)

Archived