CT Autosolo @ Gaydon: Sunday May 8th

Tim Bancroft

Quoted from Jason
Nick - in the absence of an "official" answer I think it's safe to say cars can be double (and even triple) driven - if they are up to it The emphasis is on getting as many out on the track as possible so any slight rules issues can and will be dealt with pragmatically - it is after all our event so if we want to vary something I'm sure we can!

Thanks Jason  

Nick

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quoted from cliftyhanger

With cake I assume. We all like cake nom nom nom

And yes. Gill and me will be there. Booked a hotel in bicester for the Saturday night already will sort the entry forms this weekend.

Sorry...I have bad news and good news(for me )
I had advised Nigel et al that I would be at Gaydon and my entry was on the hall table for posting in the morning
However it is my birthday and I have just been given my present early
Will taco`s be OK instead of cake ,Clive...?
Just this minute been told I am going to Mexico two days before, for a well earned holiday, being treated by family
So sorry , I will think of you whilst on a catamaran in the Caribbean and the only cones seen will be full of frozen margheritas.
Its such a hard life....or it has been these last two years

No helmets, nothing about long sleeves either. The rules are very relaxed. Just needs a car that would pass an MoT (especially battery properly fixed down)

The speeds are relatively low, the chances to do any real damage are few and far between. except cones. They get squished every now and again (sorry)

Hi all

If you are intending to enter and haven't yet, please contact Nigel Abdullah and get your completed entry form in straight away...

With current entry numbers, the event is in serious doubt, and would be a shame to have to pull it due to lack of interest.

Cheers

Ellis

Quoted from Velocita Rosso

No, it was a certain big guy from Lewes.....I know it was an airstrip ....but trying to take off?

I didn't quite make the field...someone put a bank in the way..in my defence i was suffering from PTSD and momentarily lost the ability to steer

• 2 weeks later...

Quoted from cliftyhanger
I think anything about driver standards etc is about not being an ar*e and putting people at risk. ie in the carparks, actually trying to do the correct route, that sort of thing. You will be fine!

Ah, that's fine then - just to clarify, I'm not saying I'm a good driver at all, I just want to have a bit of fun with the car in a safe environment.

I thought the whole point of Autosolos was to have Mahoooosive power slides and the odd-doughnut thrown in. Best way to get the 10/10 for artistic impression.

Only works if you have 30+ year old tyres that are rock hard.

Has the added benefit of reducing the loads on the suspension considerably.

Cheers