fia homoligation spec sheet for tr7-tr8

madfor tr7s

I really appreciate peoples enthusiasm in Triumphs
This is just a polite request , no authoratarianism..
Could this thread be kept to its allocated area on the messageboard please
It is now running in the TR7/8 section as this posting is in the Rallies and Competitons board
Thanks for your understanding  

Quoted from Velocita Rosso
I really appreciate peoples enthusiasm in Triumphs
This is just a polite request , no authoratarianism..
Could this thread be kept to its allocated area on the messageboard please
It is now running in the TR7/8 section as this posting is in the Rallies and Competitons board
Thanks for your understanding  

I don't see it being a problem here Mike - getting a homologation sheet and building a rally car will be of interest to anyone doing so, TR7 or not.

To answer Andy's question though -

TR7 16V Homologation sheet number is 3071 - I know cos that's what's on mine.

From my research the TR8 one is 654 but the MSA is the place to go. You'll need an original anyway when you get to the point of your first historic stage rally

As regards help and advice - well, Theo has been kind enough to suggest you follow my example  - thanks Theo

I have by no means got everything right or built the very best rally car but I do have a MSA log booked TR716V and will have the full hsitoric papers in good time too.

Please feel free to read my blog at http://raidertr7.blogspot.com/  - but start right from the begining in 2005 as it has taken me a very long time due to a limited budget and incompetence on my part .

Just picked up on this thread.

I do not have any homologation papers for TR7 in my motor sport archive (others including T2000 but not TR7/8 but would like some) ..... my archive is not just marathon rallies and rally cars.  However I do have the following:
1. BL Special Tuning Plusparts and Pluspacs catalogue with part numbers (2 sides of A4 in purple listing all the Special Tuning parts for 1978(?)
2. Price list for above but don't think it applies now ........
3. Posh BL ST promo leaflet on the TR7/Dolly Sprint for 1977
4. BL comps/Rally Sport Mag fold out promo leaflet for 1979 written by John Davenport primarily about TR7 but also summaries BMC/BL/Standard Triumph comps dept success with other cars.  Folds out to a large poster.

These are not for sale but can scan 1., 2., and 3. and send them to anyone with good need for them for reference purposes.  Send me a PM with your e-mail address.  4. is A1 size but I may be able to scan it in A4 chunks ...... but don't expect it in a hurry 'cos it will be fiddly .

Jason I have not located a World Cup European Route book but from John Sprinzel's stuff I have a two pretty detailed route cards for Days 1 and 2 (London to Budapest) and 5,6 and 7 (Monza to Lisbon).  I'll scan them and send them in case it is of any help.  If you ever do South America I have everything you would need included the exact location of all the controls ..... and who manned them in case they are still there!

Ted

Moderator you may want to move this reply!!!

Hi, many thank again for all your replys. they are a big help

TED TAYLOR,
thank you for your reply, i will be very greatful for anything that can help us on our build. My e mail is andrew-beech@sky.com. As you said when ever you have time to sent, im greatful you willl share info. many thanks to you. Andy

No probs.  

I may spend more money on this stuff than the missus would like - and should really spend it on the cars - but I have an Academic's attitude towards this sort of material in that it is for people to be able to refer to if they have a need.  It is not for hiding away and owning for the sake of it.  I keep starting to sort and catalogue all my material, both comps and non comps like sets of Standard Triumph Service information Sheets from the 1960s ....... but then get side tracked on other projects ...... like WCR40

Ted

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Hi All,

Wonder if anyone can help from that side of the pond. I trying to obtain FIA homologation papers for TR8. I understand that there is also an Historic supplement. Is this part of the original or an addition? I also have heard that cast inlet manifolds will be not allowed from March 2016 in historic. Does this reflect in any literature that someone may have on hand.

Thanks in advance.

Clay