Well, for that matter, Barnoldswick USED to be in Yorkshire. It's now in Lancashire (although some of the locals still insist that it's part of Yorkshire) The roadsigns have both a red AND a white rose to avoid any conflict... Before you get into Barlick (as the locals call it) there are signs telling you that you are entering the ancient Yorkshire borough of West Riding!

cant blame tim for getting counties wrong. we were lincolnshire then sth humberside now back to n/e lincolnshire. lots of counties have bounderies moved over night i think.                          and dont include us northerners with scotland. it might upset hairy mc jim lol

Quote:
It's all North, I mean anything past Watford Gap is Scotland isn't it?

If Bonnie Prince Charlie hadn't stopped his successful invasion of England at Derby, Jason, you and all the rest of you might be wearing kilts! ;)

And Tony, what makes you think that I'm all hairy?

Have you never heard of Veet?

I get through four tubes of it a week.

I'm so smooth in places you'd never expect a Scotsman to be smooth! :B

Ask me to show you where before the start of the RBRR and you'll have no trouble staying awake for 48 hours!  The nightmares would be too terrible! ;)

And no matter how often you move your county borders around, you're not going to sneak your way into becoming part of Scotland that easily.  You're probably doing it just so that you can get free residential care when you're dribbling in your porridge in your old age.

McJim.

Not surprising that Herts has the most entrants, however did not expect 8 from Yorkshire and 4 from Lancs. The cities of Bradford and Nottingham have the most entries. Louth has 3 entries and of course one road in Barnoldswick has two entries!

[/quote]

plenty of triumph related madness in Nottingham , some of it planned at YE olde bridge Inn or The Fox and Crown, OLd Basford. Anything is possible at 10.30 at night with a table full of empty glasses..

]

Archived