Hi All,

I am going to be bringing some GPS trackers with me to London.

I have 5 units in total and one is already fitted to Phils Spitfire.

The four units left are available if anyone wants me to install one, they are very easy to fit and wont make any difference to your car.

I have set up a username and account that people can access and see how we are progressing, it has live tracking, reg number, speed and at the end you will be able to replay the whole route with exact mileage data.

Basically watch the cars live on a map, then when we are done replay and retrieve all data, stops, start, driving time, idling time etc etc.

This is all courtesy of one of my customers who has kindly lent me the tracking units and is paying for the GPRS data, we will incure no costs.

So if anyone wants one give me a PM or shout at the Plough tommorow and ill fit it and set it up.

Would be good to fit these to various different vehicles and see how everyone progresses etc, get some good data from them.

Thanks,

Ash

Colin,
I've been playing with the management software on the internet, and I get the feeling that the whole thing is a bit more complicated than a simple plug into a 12V socket thing.  If I was running a transport business, I think I'd want my trucks equipped with this gear.

Send Ash a PM - according to the management interface, he still has one left to allocate

So is it going to be like video game, The Acclaimers in the cack couloured car and the Scrapman (men?) in the ....other cack coloured car NOT racing around Britain on peoples PC's?, Like a the LeMans 24 hours, but the Britain 48hours? but a bit slower with 16 pit (pi**) stops?

what am I doing awake?, right i'm off to do the washing up, then pack my rucksack, then put the secret bling in the ruck sack and go to bed!

(ps - not domesticated onthe washing up, just bullied!)

[quote by=ashmeson2005 link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,m=1160071809,s=0 date=1160071809]The four units left are available if anyone wants me to install one, they are very easy to fit and wont make any difference to your car.
[/quote]

Ash,

If there are any still going, I'll have one in the Bus !!!

Cheers

Ellis ;)

See you all at the Plough. I am soooooooo excited. Will be leaving from work at 2.00 to meet up with Kay at her work place and tootle roundto the Plough. Should be there 5ish.

Hope everybody has a good, uneventful  journey to the start.

Brrrrmmmmm Brrrrrmmmm.........

i there,
Here is the info you'll need from the email Ash sent me.

I have negotiated with one of my customers to install a GPS tracking device to Phil’s car so if you want you can watch us on our journey and see how we are getting on! It’s a fantastic piece of software and you need to download a small program from here:-

http://www.globallive.co.uk/setup_now.exe

Pop in the user: blisscharity
Pop in the pass: admin

You will see 5 vehicles, im going to see if I can fit anymore units to other cars. At least one of them will be live on Phils Spitfire, click on it and watch us go! If you play around with the historical reports you will be able to track where we have been so far.

This global positioning software is great fun, I like the way you can look at each cars details and what speed they've been doing - Sad or what?

Not sure wahats happened to Mr Chinn - it looks like either his GPS system is not working or he's resting/broken down. How come he's so far ahead of the others?

Archived