All,

Following a flurry of recent withdrawals we know find ourselves with 120no. entrants and 1no. reservist.

We do expect more withdrawals as entrants realise that there car will not be ready etc. We have worked hard to accomodate 120no. entrants and it would be nice to acheive that figure. Therefore if anyone reading this feels that they would like to attempt the RBRR please contact Jason or me.

Remember the main entrant has to be a CT member and entry costs £60 per crew member. Budget for between £300-£500 in fuel (£300-Spitfire/Herald/Acclaim/Toledo and £500 2.5Pi/TR8 etc).

I know a number of members did not enter as a Reservist as they felt no chance of acheiving a place would be possible. We did shut the entry, probably the wrong option, still hindsight etc.

This offer is open until 15th September 08.

This is crazy - I can't believe there aren't more takers! The RBRR must be one of the most fun things you can do with your clothes on (hmmmm ... now there's a thought  :B ) If I had the dosh for a flight and a ticket of leave I'd be over in a shot!

cheque and form sent today i think i should put a smiley face but then again, 2 days driving that spit with a clutch as stiff as  a roto wishbone to upright bolt, i'll probably be lucky , if i do get in i'll breakdown after 50 miles and get to go home and watch the footy.

No Ray, you've got the spirit all wrong... you'll spend the next 24 hours fighting to get the thing going again and trying to catch up time, taking shortcuts, breaking down again, getting stressed ... laughing a lot, getting help from passers by etc, etc, etc. Then you'll be so exhausted you'll have forgotten it all before it's even finished.

Archived