Hi all - Some of you may remember me from the 10CR when my nappy yellow (sorry, Honeysuckle) 2000TC made it all the way round in fine style - raising some £3400 for charity in the process!  Alternativel, you may have seen the article in the March edition of Club Torque (thanks Dale!).  I bought the car about a year ago, spending £1100 on it, and then immediately spending an eye-watering amount going through all the mechanical bits ready for the run (upgraded springs, new radiator, new steering rack, thermo fan, new brakes, new headlights, new stereo, new wheels etc etc etc.)  Over the last month, it has just had complete new outer sills, strengtheners, jacking points and outriggers on both sides, with repairs to both front footwells and inner sills.  I reckon it must now owe me somewhere a bit north of £4k (gulp, don't tell the wife!!) - but that was OK as I intended to keep it and do RBRR and 10CRs with it for ever.
On Saturday, a relative of the last owner rang me.  They'd like it back, and have an open cheque book at the ready.   Even when I hinted at how much it must now owe me, they didn't run away.  
Now - I guess money talks - and I know the doors and wings still need doing, and a respray wouldn't go amiss - but if they do offer serious money for it, then I'd be silly to ignore it.
But - and here's the big but - I'd want to take their money and buy a seriously nice, well sorted, 2500TC/S/PI - preferably in a better colour too.  
Does anyone know where such a car is that is for sale?  Ultimately, there is no point to me in selling my car - where all the hard work has been done - unless I can replace it with one that is better for the same money.
Any ideas???

I think honeysuckle's quite a nice colour, really suits the mk2.  Nicer than the drab blues and greens etc.

I'd only take the money if you could be sure that you'd get a really good car in place of your own.

There was a tidy looking mk2 saloon on ebay the other day, at a garage in Stone, Staffordshire.  May have been a 2000 but tbh, I've never felt there's much difference in performance between a 2000 and a non PI 2500.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1976-Triumph-2000-27-000-MILES-NEW-ALL-PREV-MOTS-/200474536873?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2ead36aba9

Thanks guys - I'd spotted the green one on ebay, and I'm "watching" it at the moment. It's in Fife, which is the opposite end of the country from me, so I'd probably be more comfortable bidding if someone knew something about the car. I've bought some good cars off eBay (like my current 2000!), but I've always been to see them first - as we all know, some people's descriptions can be a little "optimistic"!! ;D
Thanks too Lord Sorbington - actually, to be fair, the nappy yellow has grown on me - and it does look much better in the metal than you might think.  I'm still not really a fan of the tan interior though......  :)

The green car on ebay belongs to Dave Watt, member of the Triumph 2000 Register. As Valuation Officer for the Register I have valued this car for him for insurance purposes on several occasions. Last time I saw it was a well sorted and well kept car in good condition  although not perfect as stated in advert.

Craig - thanks for the info.  The spec of this car is certainly desirable - but my only concern is that its provenance is untidy - it started off as a 2000 Auto and is now a 2500 Manual - and whilst that probably wouldn't worry most people, I'd rather have something genuine and original if possible.  Perhaps if you get the chance you could drop me a text on 07917 234897 with your idea of the value of this car, assuming that its condition was similar to how you last saw it??

Thanks,
Reg

Archived