bobyspit wrote:

One hell of a deviation and not a lot to see. The mersey tunnel comes out in Birkenhead, then a drive through Elesmere port? You could always call in at James Paddocks in Chester? I am sure they would assist?

On another note!
Tebay Services are a lot better, Better food and refreshments, They have won a few awards for their services! Or would you be looking at another stop no services?

You don't really drive through Ellesmere Port, more whizz past it on the M53, not bad at all. It's the venture off the M6 into Liverpool which would be a lot of pain for no real gain.

Another vote for Tebay... Actually good food, which is generally unheard of in service stations.

timbancroft61 wrote:
So far I have feceived 3 very good suggestions that will be followed up-thanks all!

Keep them coming.

We have our first RBRR Organisers meeting next Saturday at mine, the whole event will be reviewed and one or two aspects will be changed. One thing for sure: No Economy run!

What!?!??!?!

That was the best part!

Mocking all teh other PPi owners for their appalling fuel ecconomy, whilst gloating mercilously about my own.

And we weren't hanging about!

Cheers

Colin.

No Lancaster then?  It was only Maccy D's but we were desparate for food by the time we got there!   It was also a good place for a shower to freshen us up, and a welcome halt to swap drivers and breakup the massive motorway slog between Scotland and Wales.   Gonna miss grandma's norks an all!    Will there be an alternative?

yeah, but I'm a greedy pig - twas more of a snack than a meal!  By Lancaster time, I was more than ready for topping up :-)  

Hmmn, not sure about Martin joining the floor show!

But seriously, that break in the middle of the long an monotonous motorway was timed about right (maybe a few miles earlier would work too?)

I agree with Mike regarding the food being needed at lancaster..in fact it was pretty busy up there with RBRR's.
I ate at stirling but lancaster was good to fill up (us and car)and also for a nice wash and teeth brush session.
Motorway services do help you wake up......didnt need to see the bare flesh though :)

Jason wrote:

What was your overall figure Colin?

Just under 30, being thrashed mercilously by the others, and thrashed carefully by myself.

HAve managed 36 on the way to the Natchtrit last year. was about 30 using it for work.

MikeyB struggled in the low 20's, Tom Key in the mid-teens.

There was 1 PI owner who did significantluy better than me, but I try not to draw attention to that.

Cheers

Colin

Archived