I took one last time but did'nt use it or even get concerned,the stops and fuel stations are pretty regular.Just fill up at the checkpoints wether you need it or not. However I'll still take my can off fuel you never know what can happen.

Hi Paul,
Mines got bucket seats that dont recline so the easy answer to that is no. We did get a bit but still not enough but thats half the fun! Cant have been that bad as I'm doing it again, although I'm fitting a nice standard passenger seat.( courtesy of Burnerboy,so thanks again to him) Biggest bit of advice would be if you're really tired just stop you're more important than any checkpoint and its meant to be fun, which it will be. The effort that goes into the event will be plain to see.
How about a little info on your car?
Alex

I've had my spit for 20 years now. It got damaged by fire in a lockup that I was storing it in about 4 years ago. It had got into a bit of a sorry state. So 2 years ago I decided to get it back on the road and reliable as I was going to use it as a daily driver. I got her resprayed,  replaced water hoses, fitted full width radiator, new copper brake pipes, coil, leads, K&N filters etc. Usual stuff to get her reliable and I started to use her every day through the winter.

This year, I’ve just finished refurbishing the whole interior & dash myself, except the seats which Newton Commercial did. I also fitted a high-torque starter motor. Well worth it.

I’ve just had the suspension replaced with AVO shocks by Jigsaw and she is running sweet, although the gasket between the manfold & exhaust pipe went last week, but I managed to replace that Monday night with help from my RBRR co-driver Ashley.
She isn’t concours but is in very good condition now.

She has appeared on TV in a Mc Donalds advert a few years ago.

Things left to do before RBBR is finish restoring the hardtop & fit it, fix the stereo, courtesy lights & map light and get her serviced.

Can’t wait for the RBBR. What car no. are you?

Hi Paul I'm car number 98.
Your car sounds nice I look forward to seeing it on the run. Might take mine to the drivers meet but thats dependent on all the little jobs being done.We had every intention of taking it last time but did'nt get it running right till the morning of the run. Bit of a mad dash to the plough like so many others I'm sure. Well this time its gonna be different. :-/
Alex

I plan to take her to the drivers briefing, so you should get a look at her there. She needs as many long runs as possible now so I can find out if anything is likely to fail on the RBRR.

Hopefully the drivers briefing should be a good meeting to see lots of Triumphs!

Hooray! The parts are now coming and my car is booked in next week to have its suspension completely changed and a couple of other bits done like relay's fitted in the lighting circuit as well as having a cigar lighter installed to charge the phone up while en route, so providing nothing goes bang I'll be at the drivers meeting in my GT6 as it'll be at the start...

...hiding at the back somewhere! :P

Paul B: Its what, 30 miles from Brentwood, I should hope you do bring the Spitfire!

John: No need to be shy!

Crikey, the Drivers Meetings- it feels like the sort of RAF Briefing you see in old war films- tonights mission and all that!

Part of the reason for having a Drivers meeting is so that crews get a chance to meet others taking part. (Paul, I will introduce you to a few Spitfire crews).
Be great to see some Triumphs at both of the meetings, I'll be there in the 2.5.

Fired the GT6 up this evening- good god, she sounds sweet. Gonna start on the suspension re-build on Sat and have a go at the cockpit heat issue again!

Archived