Bollocks! I won't accept your withdrawal  :P

I'm sure you can find a gluten free pasty at least you have a several months to perfect the gluten free sausage roll.

You'll just have to get Homer to bake http://www.peter-thomson.co.uk/glutenfree/steak_and_kidney_pie.html

Does this mean your career as an Olympic Class Flatulant is being cut short? We've got to get a team together for 2012

ajp,
It's a shock, but join the Coeliac Society, and have a root around Sainsbury's, M&S Food Hall etc.    There are very many more gluten free products about than there used to be, partly as a result of food fads, but hey!  If it's useful to someone with a REAL food allergy why not?  And they are pretty good - I'm rather too fond of the caramel slices!

'Er indoors has coeliac.  The bread she gets nowadays is a hundred times better than gluten free bread used to be. There's even a baker near us who is a coeliac and he part-bakes loaves that are really good to eat!  If you want more ddtails I'll ask Her Ladyship.

Hot tip from her - stop using wheatflour for thickening soups, gravy etc.   Cornflour is gluten free and much easier to use!  It doesn't go into lumps!

John

Thanks for all the advice,will check it all out , I was in Sanisburys this afternoon buying gluten free microwave curry meal instead of my normal steak and kidney pie from the bakers van that comes round work.
I sort of knew what was wrong my 2 year old daughter is a celiac she was diagnosed when she was just over a year old very scary when she looked to be wasting away in front of us,my symptoms came on in November last year -never really had a hint of it before we- get all her gluten free stuff on prescription

Anyway on the chuffing front Jason - what I may have lost in top end revs  by  switching to gluten free fuel I can assure you has been made up for  by a good dollop of bottom end Torque!

Cheer up, i have a friend who suffers from Krohn's disease, which limits her food intake, it  doesn't seem to bother her very much,she takes very good care of her diet. i supposethat, with sare, your reputation for flatulence might even be ENHANCED by your  "complaint" so that is a point in your favouR!!!  Good Luck  Taxijack.

Archived