10CR the soundtrack

MaGlocks

Getting back on track
The Jam : London Calling
Roxette : Joyride (relevant lyric : and it all begins again where it ends)
The Cars : Drive
Gary Numan : Cars
The Proclaimers : Im Gonna Be (I would walk 500 Miles)
The Police : Message In A Bottle (Sending out an SOS)
Eric Carmen : All By Myself (For Chris who is still looking for a co-driver)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two breakfasts, mate?

Zwei Frühstücke, bitte.
Due prime colazioni, per favore.

Anyone - try the BabelFish ( http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr ).
I know it's crude and not available on tour (unless you have a web-phone?) so think up any words or phrases you think will be useful and run them past the 'Fish.  Add them here, please.  If there are enough I'll put them all on another phrase book page.

[quote by=MWG445 link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,m=1124985449,s=22 date=1125148132]Some people must be getting rich off the backs of petrol heads.

One thing's for sure - it ain't me!

[/quote]

Me neither.......but i think the petrol fumes must be the cause of my headaches!

Dean.

How about RADAR LOVE, but i can't remember by who or which ( but not The Who)

and also Bachman Turner Overdrive - High Ho! Silver Lining

MeatLoaf - Bat Out of Hell the whole bloody Album !

Jeeez we are showing our age, and remarkably stereotypical aren't we?

guess what kind of people most of us were 20 to 30 yrs ago!

there must be 48 hours solid of tracks here.  How about a christmas release of a bootlegged CD collection?

great selections all round.

Team 47 appeared on stage last sat nite as part of a big Stars in their eyes event.. full bar, big stage and 450 in the audience.  we did Smokie - Alice but alas not good enough for the soundtrack!

ur all hoovering out your cars today enjoying the Bank holiday i take it :(

Tim, yes I have stopped listening to music from the last ten years.

For one thing I am usually working far more than I was in the past and if I'm not then I am usually on this forum!

Allied to that, all I used to have on in the car was Radio1, now it's Radio 2 - enough said I suppose :)

If anything I am starting to get into music from earlier - 50s rock and roll makes me realise the talent of the guys then when it wasn't all electronic. then there's G;enn Miller for example - "In the mood" should be great for driving too.

Colm, no I'm not hoovering out my car today as iIam recovering from yesterday :o

We live on a private road with 8 houses on it and yesterday we closed one end of the road off and had a street party. Two BBQs, some karaoke using my wife's pro sound equipment (I was great doing Beatles nos complete with wig and guitar - tho maybe I'll change my mind about my performance if there were any video taken :B). Then there was a small amount of drinking such that I couldn't get up until mid-day. ::)

However, back to you and Smokie. I am not a pretentious music critic so if I like it that's fine and i would have loved to hear your version. Maybe a reprise at the Sunday overnight?

There's another song from that era I like - the Sutherland Brothers and Quiver but the title escapes me ::) :P

Radar Love was suggested by myself earlier John - it was by Golden earing but I have a version by someone called White Lion which is just as good.

I made up a 10CR survivalkit for Theo's Birthday. It contained the usual stuff like tightwraps and gaffertape, but also a 10CR soundtrack !!

I put songs on like:
The Doors, Roadhouse Blues
Beatles, Drive my car (as he's not happy me driving HIS car)  ;D , The long and winding road
Cracker; Eurotrash  Girl
Black Crowes; Hard to handle (because the Wedge can be tricky)
Roger Miller; King of the road ........ and many many more all time classics

Ohhh boy will we have some fun listening to these songs  ::)

If I was having to compile some music - probably consist of some stuff I've been listening to recently rather than "driving" tunes...

New Goldfrapp album (and the one before), The Bees, Hard-Fi, Stone Roses, Magic Numbers, Interpol, Bloc Party...

There we go - should make Tim cringe a little less...

I think in my car i'm going to have a nice mixture of things like the Killers, Kaiser Chiefs, Greenday etc, newish stuff basicly, and then some classic rock tunes to air guitar to through the alps, guns 'n' roses, queen etc, and to then scare everybody around us my co-driver might also be bringing his cd of russion army marching songs.

Charlie

Ok people. 10countries run selction. Here goes
1) PJ HARVEY - Big Exit
2) LED ZEPPELIN - That's the way
3) RADIOHEAD - Packt like sardines in a crushed tin box
4) THE DARKNESS - Stuck in a rut
5) THE WHO - Magic bus
6) U2 - Gone
7) ECHO AND THE BUNNEYMAN - Just a touch away
8) OASIS - Gas panic
9) THE CULT - Go west
10) THE KINKS - All day and all of the night
11) GARY MOORE -Parisienne walkways
12) THE SKIDS - Into the valley
13) BIG COUNTRY - Fields of fire (400 miles )
14) THE DOORS - The end

That should keep you going for a while........ Any comments ??????

Archived