10CR the soundtrack

MaGlocks

How about:

Always crashing in the same car- Bowie
Because of toledo- The Blue Nile
White car in Germany- The Associates
Midnight rambler- The Stones
Man in a shed- Nick Drake (Dedicated to AJP or Dale Barker)
Its a long way back to Germany- Ramones
Autobahn - Kraftwerk
Miles from nowhere- The Only Ones
Accelerator - Primal Scream
Night Rally- Elvis Costello and the Attractions

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, my car is all finished and raring to go, so to pass the time I might just get two pair of speakers for my MX5 seat headrests.

Good news - found my Jan & Dean CD (hiding in Rubber Soul!) "Dead man's curve, it's no place to be... won't come back from Dead Man's Currrvvvve". I shall be listening to this on those bendy bits outside Dijon...no offence Tim but you and your TR4 are both OK now aren't you!

hey do you like the signal red font?

[quote by=thescrapman link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,m=1124985449,s=51 date=1125403574]If Carl doesn't get his finger out and fit a stereo, all we will have is

Talk Talk - Talk Talk

And I had been spending hours compling my 'Child of the Eighties' compliation CD's.

Colin[/quote]

No worries Colin, it'll be there, I just thought that you'd prefer real brakes to Turin Brakes  :P

[quote by=ginger948cc link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,m=1124985449,s=31 date=1125219759].......Blondie : One Way Or Another..........[/quote]

i wanted to add that one, specially requested for Bar Sur Arbe..........You had to be there(in2003)
Dean.

How about:

Queen - Don't Stop Me Now!
Motorhead - Beer Drinkers & Hell Raisers
Motorhead - Fast & Loose
Dr John - One 2am Too Many
Eric Clapton - Running on Faith(!)
Popa Chubby - Waiting For The Light

hmmmm, my musical tastes seem to be getting more mixed up nowadays :P

Guys!

You've missed the obvious one!
Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild (surely one of the greatest driving tunes!)

Staying with Motorhead with "Ace Of Spades" That's one to blast out at full volume!
Not forgetting Black Sabbath with "Paranoid"
"Ballroom Blitz" is another good tune to blast out. (I'm thinking of the version Tia Carrere did on "Waynes World")
And in case you get pulled over by the local law enforcers (cops) I recommend Smiley Culture's "Police Officer" (Police officer no give me producer...)
Steve, I agree with you on "LA Woman" (Mr Mojo risin...)
Staying on the subject of The Doors "Riders On The Storm" is my favourite Doors song. Ideal for cruising in the rain.

• 2 weeks later...

After the dust has settled I still think the best tune was "Get your skates on mate" from the Italian Job soundtrack - if you put "Caper Time" in front of it you get one V. Long track, real feel good music. Having said that, the best music had to be the Triumph sound track - there's nothing quite like a 6 pot being thrashed :-)

Archived