bilk

I'm swapping engines at the weekend and need to put the clutch from the current engine onto the new one.  I don't have an old input shaft to align the clutch so can anyone recommend a good clutch alignment tool as I've heard that some are a bit pants.

Cheers, Phil

Most are just crappy moulded plastic but there are better universal ones that are metal and come with a variety of spline patterns etc. The one I've got for my 1500 is plastic but it's done the job okay a few times now. If you want to borrow it just drop me a pm and I'll get it in the post for you.

Thanks for the kind offer Will.  There are a couple going cheap on e-bay so I'll try and get one of them because I'll be swapping back to the original engine at some point and it will be handy to have one.
Phil

Yes Mac, I used a 1/2" drive socket bar as it fits snuggly in the flywheel, I found a tube that fitted in the clutch plate and slid that over the socket bar with tape wound round it until it was all nice and firm. Hey presto...but I've been given a really old universal one now. 

Archived