seat cleaning

bim

I have a pair of very rough /dirty seats was going to recover them but asked google how to refurbish

a post came up from morris owners neat cif cleaner soft nail brush bit (not a lot) elbow grease came up loverly finish with baby oil try it on you dirty vinyl seats

• Like 1

Old toothbrush dunked in a warm water and then dabbed in a pot of bicarbonate of soda will work a treat. I did an entire interior with that - takes a while - working the brush in in small circles, but the results are worth it. No need for nasty chemical cleaners. 

1 hour ago, Tim Hunt said:

Cif (why was Jif so re-named I wonder) 

Tim

Probably as part of Globalisation. when we moved here to France in '94 it was already called Cif.

Another tip I recently came across was vaseline to brighten up hard plastic interior trim. I've tried it on the moulded plastic cover for the indicators and lights lever on the steering column, also the rubber boot on the hand brake lever it has given them a shine.

I have even tried it on the cover fitted to the hood storage area, again has given it a shine.

No idea how long it will last.

I might try it on the hood itself, a vinyl one, although mine is quite good and spends its life out of sight.