Matt306

Picked up a 1982 TR7 (yes i know they stopped making them in 1981). Its not too bad considering but needs some TLC. 

Its a DHC and needs a new rear deck. The petrol tank can come out for this job as there are a few small holes on that rear bulkhead which need attention too.

I have the deck anyone replaced one and any tips from those who have.

I have also found what appears to be a bonnet/ door open switch in the bonnet area, its not attached and hanging loose any clues what its for its connected to a green black wire.

I also have a black and white coloured wire hanging loose behind the OS headlight any clues whats this one is for.

The holes in the rear wings where the US version have lights dont seem well waterproof should there be a gasket?

Good points engine has had the head recently engineered!

Rear deck see my blog (link below), label restoration FHC and DHC 😋

Switch will probably be for the boot light, fitted to the LH boot lid hinge, see picture

What is OS? If behind LH light it could be the low coolant sensor wire, but that has a black/pink wire (black/white is handbrake switch).

There indeed should be a (rubbery) gasket between the plastic blanking plates and the body.

Matt

Welcome to the TR7 fraternity. A few questions for you:-

1) Do you have the BL workshop manual for the 7 as this is available as a PDF download? PM me if you need a copy

2) I have a fairly complete set of UK DHC electrical drawings for the 81/82 DHC. They include the intermittent wiper system which is not in the official drawings so again let me know if you want a copy.

Howard

Still none the wiser about OS or NS 😜 but at least I can tell that switch is not original.

Though helpful with future jobs, the wiring diagram won't help you here.

Looks like a nice example of the dreaded previous owner ...  under bonnet light or alarm switch maybe? 

Quoted from Howard-

Matt

Welcome to the TR7 fraternity. A few questions for you:-

1) Do you have the BL workshop manual for the 7 as this is available as a PDF download? PM me if you need a copy

2) I have a fairly complete set of UK DHC electrical drawings for the 81/82 DHC. They include the intermittent wiper system which is not in the official drawings so again let me know if you want a copy.

Howard

Howard that would be fabulous if you could , I do have a thick blue manual