Restoration has started

stephend

So the restoration (light) of my herald has started, I use the word restoration more of a tart up to be honest, It's not falling to bits and it needs few new panels, rear arches are going to need some attention and door bottoms, I have sourced 'new' ie second hand front valance, rear valance corners even got a new (again when I say new I mean new to me!) Vitesse front end. Front end is fiberglass so no rust to worry about, only the poor fitting which I've read about.  :-/

To kick things off I've had a new set of tyres fitted, these came in the form of 155 80 13 made by barum, for a grand total of £162

Opinions are always welcome so is guidance as I'm new to this.

This is not a all out, money is no object project. I don't have a budget for this but I'm probably setting my self a sensible limit.

Anyway first picture of the car waiting for new boots :)

Right, this has been a bit of a faff I cant upload more than one picture at a time, this is after re sizing them to down 75%, only taken on a Iphone..

Anyway one last picture, the floor is solid with only a small amount of surface rust, not bad for a 45 year old car that's never been welded (on the floors) and spent the last two years outside!

my plan on the floor is to treat it with some phosphoric acid, clean off, retreat and then a health coating of a rich zinc primer or hammerite   I have a few tins which are at least 15 years old, still good because I checked them the other day :) It will be odd colours but I'm okay with that as it will be covered with carpet!

• 10 months later...

Well done getting back at it - to solve your photo issue, have you thought about creating a blog? Easy really, I use Blogger www.blogger.com which is now part of the Google empire but others are available. It means the story and pictures are in one place and completely under your control. If you're a member of CT you can get your posts linked to the forum, if not you can just refer to them here :-)