Refoaming seats in Mark 3 GT6

Rubce

Hi All

After the advice several of you gave me in an earlier thread I have gone ahead and purchased a cat set of foams for the seats in out Mark 3 GT6 from PArk Lane Classics.

I stripped the covers off the seats today. The old foams were rank :-/

I have heard that using a plastic bag over the new foam is a useful aid when refitting the cover. Do I then have to remove the bag or is it okay to leave it in place? Would it make the seats rustle or the foams sweat?

Also, what type of tool do I use for fitting the wire clips which secure the cover to the metalwork on the base? Is a set of "hog pliers"? Any suggestions on where to obtain a pair?

Thanks in advance

Bruce

Don't need plastic bags to fit the new cover, it will slide on fine. The plastic bag would have been better at the start to stop the mess. As for the tool for fitting, if you bought the kit from Park lane classics then they supply cable tie's to secure the covers to the seat and the clips in the kit can be tapped on lightly with a small hammer. The instructions would have been in the kit. If you don't have the instructions and fitting kit then ring Park lane up and it will be with you in a day. Their instructions are very easy to follow.

Chris

2806 wrote:

I have heard that using a plastic bag over the new foam is a useful aid when refitting the cover. Do I then have to remove the bag or is it okay to leave it in place? Would it make the seats rustle or the foams sweat?

Also, what type of tool do I use for fitting the wire clips which secure the cover to the metalwork on the base? Is a set of "hog pliers"? Any suggestions on where to obtain a pair?

Bruce

I used plastic paper recycling bags (very thin plastic) which I stuck to the foam with contact adhesive.
It really did help move the cover about on the foam to line it up perfectly.

The clip you are talking about, I assume you mean the 3/4 inch diameter one in which case I just hammered it home!

Archived