Baldry1500

Hi,
I'm looking at replacing the carpets in my 1500 and was wondering if anyone had any opinions of which ones to buy, what are peoples views on the moulded vs non moulded sets avaialble apart from price (that's obvious). How tough were they to fit nicely, are there any i should avoid or any which are a must?!?

Hi,
Just fitted a set of the cheaper pre cut ones from James Paddocks - well pleased, they look the dogs!
Very good quality for the price and relatively easy to fit, although a bit fiddly in places - footwells and gearbox tunnel - but take your time and they really do look good when done. Glad I didn't spend the extra on the moulded ones now.
Remember to keep the rubber trim from the front edge of your old rear deck carpet and also the plastic ring that fits inside the gear lever gator as the new ones don't come with these.

Good luck
PS, B&Q do a good spray adhesive for £4 ish too.

Regards,
David

i have fitted the cheaper non moulded set, cant remember where i got them from now. they are perfectly fine and nice quality, however i do think i'll get moulded ones next time the carpet needs replacing, even if its just moulded bits for the tunnel/footwells. not sure it really matters if the rear deck bit and main floor part is moulded.

Archived