Spitfire 1500 dolomite starter

uksnatcher

Quoted from Jason1969
Good read. I remember when I first put a second hand engine into my Spit in 93 and it was recommended to change the flywheel to the dolomite if available as the pre-engaged starter was deemed to bemore efficient. Glad to know there is still someone who will recon as I was beginning to worry about a replacement.

Thanks

I have one with the spacers on the For Sale board

Sorry , link no longer available

Quoted from Jason1969
Thanks JOhn, I haven't been on here for a while. Do you still have the light blue GT6? How did the dashboard go I sent you?
Jason

Jason, nice to hear from you. Yes thank you for the dashboard. It all worked out very nicely and was fitted before I sold the blue GT6 a couple of years ago. Doesn't the time fly. I now have another one finished and am ready to start the next project which is only partly Triumph..

In return for your kindness if you want it I'd be pleased to let you have the starter and spacers for a tenner delivered.

regards

John

Thanks John, I'm fine with the current starter and the car hasn't been used for a long time so not reliant on it, much appreciated though. That GT6 was a beautiful example. Hope you had as much fun with the new one.

Time does fly, thinking about it that must be at least 7/8 years ago??

Best wishes

Jason

Quoted from Jason1969
Thanks John, I'm fine with the current starter and the car hasn't been used for a long time so not reliant on it, much appreciated though. That GT6 was a beautiful example. Hope you had as much fun with the new one.

Time does fly, thinking about it that must be at least 7/8 years ago??

Best wishes

Jason

You are quite right Jason. Time does fly. Best not think about it.