Grease nipples on rear hub

Murffs herald

Hi. Owners, we got our herald last summer, have been working on it over the winter. On the inside of the rear hub where the drive shaft goes through there is a small bolt. When I took it out it looks to me as if grease should go in here, is this correct and if so should I fit a grease nipple here to fil with said grease. 🤔

Well done on getting the Herald, a proper car! Yes as you suspect grease goes in that hole via a grease nipple to supply lube to the wheel bearing however its important not to over do it. The risk is that you pump away and excess grease comes out of the seal inside the drum brake, eventually contaminating the shoes.
When done at the right intervals you can just give it a couple of shots each time however if you're unsure best to do it with the drum removed.....  

Some leave the nipples in its the preference thing,  a plug is water tight a failed nipple isnt

book says 4 squirts witha gun every  main service

there also plugs on the front trunnion swivels DO NOT grease these use EP90  as its an oil reservior

good time to keep an eye out for auto jumble Wanner Guns have one for oil one for grease

pete