Herald/Vitesse Rear Springs

garyf

Can anyone recommend a manufacturer of original quality rear springs for a Mk2 Rotoflex suspension Vitesse.

I presume the trade suppliers all purchase their springs from the same manufacturer, I have fitted two rear springs since the rebuild of my Vitesse (completed 2006), both purchased from reputable Triumph Parts suppliers and have not been impressed with the quality of either :(

The last one was fitted just over a year ago and has sagged considerably even though I've only done a couple of thousand miles? It bottoms out, even when lightly loaded!

I'm tempted to try and find and on original secondhand spring and have it refurbished, anyone had this done?

Its getting very frustrating, because its not like its an easy job to change one and the springs are around £150+ now :B

Any advice or help would be appreciated, if anyone has a secondhand Vitesse Mk2 spring in reasonable condition and is based in the midlands area then please send me a PM.

Thanks

Gary    

Richard_B wrote:
Have you tried Canley Classics?

Alternatively these have a good reputation;

http://www.ilondon.co.uk/profile/620699/Holloway/Brost-Forge-Motorspring-Service/

I haven't tried Canley's, but have had stuff off them previously and been happy with the quality of the majority of it.

Of the two springs I have tried, neither where from Canley's?

I may give them a call and see if they are made by the Original supplier, I know Dave tries to use original suppliers if they ae still trading?

I suppose the chances of getting an original N.O.S Spring are near on impossible :-/  

490 wrote:
Try Chic Doig, he may have an original one in the workshop. He had a NOS Gt6 Mk3 (non-roto) spring last time i called (I bought it!), but he may also have a rotoflex one somewhere.

Have sent Chic an e-mail, fingers are crossed :-/

Chic hasn't got a N.O.S. Spring for a Mk2 Vitesse :o

He's only got secondhand, but don't want to go through the pain of swapping for a secondhand one to find out is the same ??)

Will keep looking, have e-mailed Mick Dolphin and will ring TD Fitchetts.