What wheels are these?

benjib

Morning All,
Stumbled across this Vitesse for sale:
http://www.thegallerybrummen.nl/nl_NL/autobedrijf/collectie/4364010/details.html

It's got mini lights on it and they look lovely.  Can any one identify the size, and are they genuine or reproductions?

It's a lovely Vitesse too

Well i couldn't say for certain but given the mish-mash of bits that the rest of the car appears to be they'll be repros- 13" and most likely 5.5J. The car has a Mk1 bonnet and badging, a Mk2 dashboard, and in one of the underside shots there's an adjustable tie-rod which points to a rotoflex Mk2  axle, can't see properly though, and the engine appears to be Mk1, but I can't tell if there's pushrod tubes there or not, not a terribly good pic!

I haddnt picked up on all the bits and bobs, but now you mention it I see what you mean.  To be fair though I had the forehead slap moment when I realised why the battery was on the wrong side, not sure I should admit it it's so obvious.

Interesting that opinion is on the 5.5j because that's what I was wondering about.  Does any one have any pictures of 5.5j mini lights on a Vitesse or Herald?

Ben

Goody wrote:
While I don't care for the wheels, it is a nice car.  However maby it's me but I think the price is quite HIGH!  Anyone think the car is worth that much?

I don't think so.
You never get your money out you invest in your Vitesse.
Following the market for about 4 years now I think a real mint car with history might be max at 14000.-€, this is already scyscrape high , this one might well be 1000.-€ below.
I see the GT6 going up in price but the Vitesse, even a MKII convertible is always some thousands behind.
The mix we see here has both bonnets from the MKI and the dash from the MKII. The seats also seem to have the upholstery of the MKI. The cardboard in the passengers footroom is for the RHD version, the carpet may also well be?
A pity that there went a lot wrong with all the details::'(
The body itself has a perfect fitting , door gapping and the fit of the roof seems to be very good.
The car would - for my opinion - look much better with the original Rostyle hubcaps ...if it was an MKII what we actually do not know - 1968 can be both MKI and MKII.

Goody wrote:
While I don't care for the wheels, it is a nice car.  However maby it's me but I think the price is quite HIGH!  Anyone think the car is worth that much?

I could get attached to a Vitesse MKII LHD, though.

I have on mine.will try to put photo up.

hi mate,tried to put up photo but im still a bit shite at all this malarkey .if you go to page 6 on this site?  then go to about my vitesse you will see my vitesse with minotore wheels.there a bit flat finished at the mo but im going to strip them and polish the rims the laquer them after.

Rubberhead: Yours is a very nice car.  Green Vitesse:  Can't say about England but, overhere one almost never re coups the investment cost of restoring any car.   Although I have owned 4 Herald 1200's I admit I like the front clip of the 13/60 much better.   I would love to have a Vitesse for the extra power.  I like the MKII more only due to the front clip.   My perfect car would be a MKII with a 13/60 front clip.  Just like the single headlight and chrome trim better than the painted.   If the above car is a nice as it looks and had overdrive, lower price I might be temped.  As for LHD/RHD inside parts, it might have been the best he could find.  I don't mind some changes as long as the car can be put right if one wants.  A good Vitesse (Sports 6) is almost imposable to find overhere.  As for wheels, we all have our own taste, like WhiteWall tires.

Jason: if you read this-DON'T say it!