Vitesse door weather curtains

daver clasper

Hi

Having issues with water getting into door at the bottom of the glass and running out of the bottom of door card and over the door seal and into car.

Plastic sheet is taped to inner door face between the door card, though this is not working.

Its been suggested that I fit the suspended weather curtain, that forms a deep u channel that fits between the winding window and outer weather strip and channels water to the sides of the door.

Looking on Canley web site it appears the curtain is in 2 sections?, though no longer available.

I guess it could made up from a shower curtain, etc.

Does anyone have any experience of this please.

All the info I can find is from people who have not bothered with them and just taped plastic sheet as I have done.

Would like to sort this if pos, so I can fit my carpet.

Any help would be great, thanks

Dave        

Make sure your drain holes are working at the bottom of the doors. Theoretically water shouldn't go from the outside of the glass to inside of the door on the opposite side unless it's filling up.

Make sure it's all weather safe inside with a good anti-rust waterproof wax.

Seal it with some damp proof sheet held on by Puraflex 40.

http://www.toolstation.com/sho.....roof+Membrane/p21675

http://www.toolstation.com/sho.....Sealant+300ml/p67949

the inner curtain is attached to the bottom glass runner , as the door leans in at the top it deflects water away from the door inner carcass,

it goes up and down with the glass  
  car builder solutions  show the factory type butyl  strip to attach poly door sheets etc always useful

http://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/butyl-sealer-strip-7-metre

Quoted from ferny
Make sure your drain holes are working at the bottom of the doors. Theoretically water shouldn't go from the outside of the glass to inside of the door on the opposite side unless it's filling up.

Not on a car with vertical doors... but a Herald or Vitesse, especially one with a bit of tub spread, parked with two wheels on a kerb, will drip from the door glass onto the access apertures at the bottom of the door frame.

there is 3 bits on the 1360. you have the bit on the glass, under the weather strip. the bit that covers the locks and door handle, and the large bit which runs from the front to the back.
I used plastic sheeting and guess work on the length's, being there is no good pictures to get sizes from.

Thanks everyone

Pete. Is the Butyl stuff strong enough to attach plastic sheet to bottom section of glass/glass channel.

Could the other end also be bonded to inside top of door skin, near outer seal, or would it have to be trapped between outer seal and top of door skin, which involves removing seal and refitting it's clips.

Haven't got door cards off at the mo, but from memory either way looks fiddly due to access, therefore does it involve removal of glass/other parts please?.

Cheers, Dave

i would just gaffer tape a plastic sheet to the bottom of the glass runner channel ,  clean any grease off and grease the roller channel after fitting.

in production it was trapped in the channel and pressed on the bottom of the glass ,

you can do what you lke with the loose end , it normally just hangs around , dangles in the door space .

butyl strip is useful for all sorts of removal sticky stuff,  it can be a messy when hot ,  sticks to fingers and best shirt quite easy. its very tacky
and stays that way.

Pete

metal channel pressed on the bottom of the glass the winder mechanism levers have two slides /rollers that slide in the channel to lift the glass

think they will be leather washers , which need a grease from time time .

if you can get your hands inside with the sheet and the tape , without being a contortionist youre doing well