Door handle anyone ?

WIMPUS

Also mailed (& called, but no answer) to a guy where i bought an engine, diff, door ..... from.
Needed to call anyway because people i got to know this week in Herne (they where living 10min from my door !) where looking for a bootlid & hardtop for there spit .

So will see when he calls back or mails me back  :)
Hopefully he has a chrome one laying around in his many boxes of parts  :P

Pity it's not the drivers side, James Paddock sells the chrome pull piece separately for 6 quid so you can repair the assembly but only have them listed for the drivers side now. They used to do them for either side at one time.

Hi Wim,

Just been to check the big box marked "Door Furniture" I've got a spare Mk4 LH door pull and it's in good condition. Yours for the asking! Is anyone passing Worksop on the way to Belgium? Otherwise I'll post it if you pm me the details.

Mike

2154 wrote:
Hi Wim,

Just been to check the big box marked "Door Furniture" I've got a spare Mk4 LH door pull and it's in good condition. Yours for the asking! Is anyone passing Worksop on the way to Belgium? Otherwise I'll post it if you pm me the details.

Mike

Mike, Got a mail back from the guy that was selling parts and his wife was going to ask it this evening if he had one.
So i guess tomorrow or so i will let you know if i need it or not  ;)

4526 wrote:

Mike, Got a mail back from the guy that was selling parts and his wife was going to ask it this evening if he had one.
So i guess tomorrow or so i will let you know if i need it or not  ;)

The guy called me this evening and i can collect one tomorrow evening, so will see how it's like  :)

Today i went to the guy with the spare parts..

Was a bit shocked to see the spitfire where i got the engine from  :-/
He had cut a piece of the front chassis (just in front of the steering rack), so he wasn't going to sell the chassis or anything  :B

But at least i got 2 door handle's, left & right one at 5 euro/4 pounds for each and got the clutch pedal assembly got free  :P

This evening i had a go installing the 'new' piece and now everything works good, only my central locking has a problem.
I think there is a wire somewhere loose or nearly broken  :B