Glueing window glass into winder channel

A TR7 16V

I just did what may only have been a temporary job of glueing the glass into the winder channel.

Because the car's in use, I couldn't take the winder mech out of the door; only access the inner side through the holes in the inner door skin. Also, the old stickum was mostly on the outer side of the glass, but much had dropped into the channel and was stopping the glass going back in. So I had to dig that out.

So what I did was get the glass into the channel without the old gum, lever the inner side of the channel away from the glass, heat as much of the assembly as I could up with a heat-shrink gun, and fill the gap with a hot glue gun. I also copper-slipped as much of the mechanism as I could reasonably could.

It looks to me like the way the mechanism works, it tends to push the channel against the inside of the glass more than the outside, as it pulls the glass down. So the glue being only on that side should be okay. But I could be wrong on both counts.

Questions are, will it matter that the gap filled with glue is now on the inner side of the glass and will the hot glue hold in the summer - it seems fine now, but it is only about 7 or 8 C and I don't know how hot the glass might get in direct sun, but the glue's good to about 60 to 70 C, which would be considered quite warm for West Lancs. 

Graham

I guess we'll see come summer. But the doors going to be replaced with some saloon car doors sometime this year. And they'll need the glass swapping over (and holes for the burst catches drilling). So I should get chance to look at how it's holding up then.

Graham