CAN YOU STRAIGHTEN WARPED DOORS?

Chunky020

Hi Gents,

Is it possible to straighten a warped door?, the door in question has previously had a patch welded in along the lower skin by the previous owner this has kicked the bottom of the door out a 1/2", reskining not an option as the car is a BOND GT and although uses Herald/Vitesse door frames has unique door skins that are no longer available

On a Herald or Vitesse this could also indicate "tub spread" which is basically the B-pillars bending out at the waistline and moving the catches outwards realtive to the bottom which makes the  doors appear to stick out at the bottom.  Not sure whether Bonds are similarly afflicted but might be worth checking before getting medieval with the doors.

For the Heralds & Vitesses I believe the fix involves big ratchet straps.  Something I need to investigate.......

Nick

Thought the doors where the same on the bond, I know I used herald skins on my gt4s and it all lines up

Should be able to twist the doors still, if you put a block in the jam to hold the door open about 6inches then apply force to the lower corner to push it back in, you will have to take the corner past where you want it as it will spring back a canny bit

Quoted from Chunky020
Is it possible to straighten a warped door?, the door in question has previously had a patch welded in along the lower skin by the previous owner this has kicked the bottom of the door out a 1/2", reskining not an option as the car is a BOND GT and although uses Herald/Vitesse door frames has unique door skins that are no longer available

As already stated, the 4-clinder Bind doors were standard Herald pressings.
The 2L Bond's doors used the Herlad/Vitesse shell, with a bespoke doorskin. These remain listed in the catalogue of Radford panels as part numbers TH79 & TH80

http://www.radfordpanel.co.uk/herald.htm

Cheers,
Bill.

Thanks , I will check the tub for lean out on the b posts first, if the door is warped then will try the to straighten first although I am apprehensive about pushing the door back against the b post as the its only metal reinforced as the tub is fibreglass,thanks for the link Bill it might be the way to go

Robbie