2009poolesparky

There's more than two, Wim. The early 2L engine (up to HC5000) has a different glass-bowl pump from the later one, and they're not compatible. I think the later one might fit a Spitfire, based purely on having had to temporarily put a Herald pump on my Vitesse when I changed the block. There are also at least two variants of the non-glass-bowl pump, with and without priming lever. There are also "long arm" and "short arm" versions which need different gaskets/spacers behind them.

Hi,
The pressure wouldn't be much different being set to suit the ZS carbs on the GT6 instead of the SUs on the Spitfire. The flow rate is always set by the opening of the float valves in the carbs. The GT6 pump might be able to pump more, but no more than the carbs allow will be pumped.
                                                                                          Cheers,
                                                                                          Paul