NEW BRAKE/FUEL LINES

midgeman

I now have all the bits to replace my brake pipes and fuel line and the only thing I need now is a pipe bender or maybe (pipe benders) can anyone point me in the right direction as there appears to be various types available.

Making large gradual bends is not a problem but I am concerned about the tight ones especially the 180 degree ones.

I have all the original pipes which came off the car so I can use those as patterns.

I am using Cupro/Nickel Pipe for the brakes and Copper for the Fuel Line

Cheers

Alan.

Alan

I used these also, I got them from Frost restoration, the one thing I would say is that when I first tried them I clamped up the pipe and then twisted the pliers to make a bend, all this did was make some ridges on the pipe that looked rubbish.

You should clamp up the pipe holding it square and then bend the pipe around the tool, it then works well.

JohnD, you beat me to it! I've never bothered with any special tool, as I invariably have a dowel, pipe, bottle or similar hard object of the appropriate diameter lying about somewhere. No secret to bending these lines; just keep decently firm pressure on the pipe as you form it around whatever object!

herald948 wrote:
similar hard object of the appropriate diameter lying about somewhere. No secret to bending these lines; just keep decently firm pressure on the pipe as you form it around whatever object!

Brings tears to the eyes just thinking about that one ;D :o ;D Sorry couldnt resist