Walnut door cappings

scotmod

Having re-veneered my Spit dashboard in walnut myself, I am very pleased with both the finish (beautiful after rubbing down about 15 coats of Rustins) and the £38 total cost. I would now like to add wooden door cappings which I would also veneer in walnut.

My question for you guys is, does anyone have a drawing or pattern for making the cappings as I don't have the £175 it would cost to buy them new but do know of an excellent carpenter   ;)

They screw to the door with self tappers. They are L shaped but with a curved inner radius to match the doors. I have just fitted some - if I was making my own, I would consider using some polystyrene coving as a template as you can easily cut this to shape and use it to work out the radius required. If I have a criticism of mine, they could possibly do with being a cm longer though that might impede the hood a little. They end where the door capping scallops in.

5161 wrote:
just tried the ford ones and they are not far off at all will try to fit in a couple of weeks i think

Please let me know how you get on James as I think when fettled and re-veneered these would be a grand option.  :)

Archived