Best head gasket supplier

Tom2000

esxefi wrote:
but it would be great to see how long a cork hg would last though :P

I made a cornflake packet head gasket for a neighbours B & S lawnmower ..... was a desperation measure at the time (you wouldn't have guessed that would you  :P) but still working two seasons later.  Which goes to show, I thought it would be lucky to last 5 mins....  Not recommended on an engine with waterways, oil ways or anything resembling a compression ratio though  ;D

Nick

My Vitesse has cornflake packet gaskets on the water pump housing and thermostat housing right now.  Both have done the RBRR, 2 HCRs and the 10CR as well as a separate trip to Switzerland.  My conclusion - cornflake packet gaskets work! (Used in the right places!)

Back to the original question, I find I can still get payen head gaskets through my local motor factors - cheap too - last one was £ 9.00 for a 6 cyl one.

Nick

Nick_Jones wrote:
My Vitesse has cornflake packet gaskets on the water pump housing and thermostat housing right now.  Both have done the RBRR, 2 HCRs and the 10CR as well as a separate trip to Switzerland.  My conclusion - cornflake packet gaskets work! (Used in the right places!)

Back to the original question, I find I can still get payen head gaskets through my local motor factors - cheap too - last one was £ 9.00 for a 6 cyl one.

Nick

Would that be Kelloggs or will any brand do? ;)

Archived