Opinions on Phoenix exhaust on Vitesse Mk2 2 Litre

hyperhale

I am looking for honest opinions and options for my Mk2 Vitesse  that I purchased recently.

The PO has recently fitted Phoenix twin exhaust pipes, connected with a Y piece to the original manifold and although it sounds great, in my opinion it just looks too bulky and ugly from the rear.

Am I alone in this opinion or have any Vitesse owners fitted an alternative sports system that closely retains the original look from the rear but will give me the growl of the Phoenix pipes?

I had in mind selling these on and investing in an alternative...

Thanks

Pete

Thanks all, decision made, will be ringing Canleys in the morning and ordering a semi sports system - single pipe.

Seems a shame that the Phoenix system is pretty much new and retails at £400+ , hopefully I can put it on eBay and offset best part of the cost of the new exhaust

They look better on a Spitfire or a GT6 in my opinion. I took mine off my Vitesse and put them on my Son's Spitfire with only minor mods. It seemed to go a lot better for it too.

When you advertise them you could say that they will fit a Spitfire or a GT6 but will need minor mods - gives you a bigger customer base.

I've got the Canley Exhaust on my car and it does look and sound good, although personally I felt it was a little too loud. It was resonating through the car, so I fitted a load of soundproofing in the boot area and made a carpet for the boot and now it's much quieter inside the car and sounds great top up or down.  

I've added a pic of what the canley one looks like on my 13/60 Convertible, which has a Vitesse engine fitted.

Quoted from Stu 1986
I've got the Canley Exhaust on my car and it does look and sound good, although personally I felt it was a little too loud. It was resonating through the car, so I fitted a load of soundproofing in the boot area and made a carpet for the boot and now it's much quieter inside the car and sounds great top up or down.  

I've added a pic of what the canley one looks like on my 13/60 Convertible, which has a Vitesse engine fitted.

Sounds and looks like just what I was looking for, thanks

Quoted from Freebird
They look better on a Spitfire or a GT6 in my opinion. I took mine off my Vitesse and put them on my Son's Spitfire with only minor mods. It seemed to go a lot better for it too.

When you advertise them you could say that they will fit a Spitfire or a GT6 but will need minor mods - gives you a bigger customer base.

Excellent suggestion, I'll bear that in mind, thanks