Decent mechanic in brighton area to fit exhaust

THE HORNET 81

Right,just settled on a Wittor Semi Sports exhaust for the 2000 of mine,does anybody know good mechanics in the Brighton area who will be good to fit it?
I chatted to a guy near my home who does alot of work on old classics and he was willing then he said he'd never worked on a triumph before.
He looked underneath and was umming and arghhing so do I give him the haynes manual and trust him or find someone else who has maybe worked on triumphs?
Any help appreciated thankyou

Afraid I don't know anybody I can recommend in Brighton.
However, any half knowledgeable mechanic should find it a straightforward job.
if you are happy to go to Seaford (not too far) Kevin Lower is excellent on older cars (and newer stuff) Really a mini/ford chap, but he wouldn't have any issues with an exhaust
http://www.uk-local-search.co.uk/business/stafford+road+garage/1505986/

Cliff,thanks Ill consider him.
Like I said,mechanic opposite me is a great guy,just when he looked under the car and said "Doesn't look like the original (factory standard)exhaust had a middle box judging by the looks of things but hopefuly if you get this semi sports with a middle box i should be able to do the job if you want me to"

For 2000's, Factory exhaust had two silencers in the middle and no rear silencer on the rear section.

This is ignoring early 2000 with the odd shaped silencer under the passenger seat (ever wondered what that recess was for  ;D ).

This is also ignoring late 2000 which had three silencers, two in middle and one at the rear same as 2.5PI's and 2500S's.

Do make sure you get the correct exhaust hanger/clamp from Chris Witor for the sub-frame. Also you should have a bracket for the exhaust where it goes past the gearbox.

Basically make sure you have all the straps, clamps hangers gaskets you require and it should be a doddle.

The down pipe studs on the exhaust manifold have been know to snap (which is a bit of a pain to replace) I prefer brass manifold nuts, easier to remove in the future.  8)

391 wrote:
I find the semi sport on my estate noiser than the full sport on the saloon.  :-/

I have found the same thing to be true with my saloon and estate.
Fitting a CW 6-3-1 manifold on the estate did reduce the noise strangely and I have tried fitting a twin box centre section as Richard suggests.......shame it was a 2nd hand s/s one from Lincoln, nowhere near the correct shape or length. How do they get away with it?

Colin