Correct exhaust for Dolomite engined 1200 Herald?

Scimher

..I've got a 1200 convertible with a 1300 Dolomite engine (SU carb.) I have access to a stainless back box - which I understand are common to the 13/60 & 1200 according to the part nos......but I need a front system.
Can anyone confirm that the 13/60 front pipe(s) will do the job & which fitting-kit I need to order, as I presume the 1200 one will have the wrong manifold or flange gasket.....(There can't be too much difference between the fitting kits, can there, apart from that....??)
My car probably dates from Oct./Nov. 64 & was reg. beginning of Feb. '65..........
Many thanks, in advance.

Dolomite 1300 and Herald 13/60 manifold is thew same shape. Whether they have the same part number I con't know, but the 13/60 downpipe will bolt right up to it.
If it has a Dolomite 1500 manifold then it's a different matter - this has twin pipes at the join to the downpipe, same as a Spitfire 1500.

Cheers,
Bill.

4080 wrote:
..Thanks Bill - 13/60 pipe it is then.
I presume the 13/60 fitting kit then, rather than a 1200 kit with a 13/60 manifold gasket...??? Slight difference in bore size although the same back-box is listed for both, I think.....

Hi where are you as i have just taken mine complete manifold and system off to fit something else !

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

2445 wrote:

Hi where are you as i have just taken mine complete manifold and system off to fit something else !

Andy

Hi Andy - Had some computer probs. so not been on here for a while. So sorry not got back to you before now. I'm near Leek in Staffs. Are you saying that you've got a spare S/Steel system (or at least, the front pipe{s})??

...Anybody know how I can contact Andy Connor..(in case he doesn't see my above reply......as the exhaust situation is crucial now, because the car is at my pals unit having some work done prior to going in for the MOT? If he has the relevant bit(s), I can drive over to pick them up or arrange a meet.......

' Morning Clive...thanks for answering the 'Mayday'.......I've got a sent PM to Andy logged on Oct. 28th at 11.57pm..(No idea whether it's been read - would assume not..) Just wondering whether a pal of his who might be on here would hve a contact phone no...........