MrSpeedy

I thought some of you might be interested in the latest phase of developments on my Vitesse.

I've now actively started fitting it with EFI. I'll be using Megasquirt management, Triumph 675 Daytona throttle bodies on custom inlet manifolds, and I'll also be making a new 6-3-1 exhaust manifold to get the most out of it.

You need to consider how little space there is between the engine and the lip of the inner wheel arch when closing the bonnet. On my set up the bonnet stay just catches the throttle body mounting plate and has also interfered with my air filter. Unless you are planning on no air filters.

Paul

It is visually deceptive, but the new inlet runners I've made are only half an inch longer than the stock Vitesse manifold!

With the throttle bodies being considerably more compact than the CD150's and K&N filters I used to be running, there'll be plenty of room, even with the ram pipes fitted.

Nick_Moore wrote:
Impressive. We will be watching with interest, Mr Speedy.  Is your engine still 2L? What diameter are the 675 throttle bodies?

Nick, the engine these will be going is a late ME series saloon engine which has had a +060" bore, lightened and balanced crank,rods, and pistons, reworked head, flat top pistons and a Kent TH7 camshaft

The throttle bodies are approx 42mm diameter at the manifold end

The fuel rails are slightly lower than the K&N air filters and dashpots on the carbs, so clearance under the bonnet is enough.

The rear TB to bulkhead might be a bit closer, but seeing as the rest of the car is nowhere near standard, I'm not adverse to relieving it a bit for clearance if needed  ;)