Fitting Q/lights to Spitfire

Dannyb

both are travel stops for the arms of the glass carriers on the window winders.
One is for upward stop and other for downward stop.
the one on the left of your picture fitson the left position with little pointy bit pointing to door locks and other part on the right of the door with the tab on top.

Hope this helps

both are travel stops for the arms of the glass carriers on the window winders.
the one on the left of your picture fitson the left position with little pointy bit pointing to door locks and other part on the right of the door with the tab on top.

Hope this helps

[quote=2597]both are travel stops for the arms of the glass carriers on the window winders.

Hope this helps  Top man. that was a quick response. Many thanks.

First window in but I fitted the right hand stop with the tap at the top and this stops the window when up the top ok. Fitted the pointy one on the left of the door with the pointy bit towards the door  lock but this stops the window going down ???? If I only use the right hand one fitted it not only stops the window going up but also stops the window at the correct place at the bottom.

1684 wrote:
The ones in the photo came in the drivers door box.

I only have my passenger door uncovered and thats where I looked, so try keeping them in the same location but turning them upside down. It could be that they were mixed up before shiping. If you get all 4 (drivers and passengers) and put then side by side, just to make sure you have not got duplicates of 2 brackets.

You either have them upside down or on the wrong door. Just double check.

Thanks

Ok.
I have to go to work Wed & Thurs so will be back on it Friday. At the moment drivers door completed except the stop brackets and passenger door has winders and glass in plus glass channels but needs adjusting.
I am please with the the drivers door and the way it meets the soft top as the original spit glass was a bit sloppy.

Sorted,  The picture is the drivers door and the brackets above are for the drivers door.The bracket with the pointy thing stops the window st the bottom and goes goes on the right with the bend at the top and pointy bit towards the lock.
The bracket with the square bit fits on the left with the square at the bottom this stop the window at the top.
Both doors finished and looks great.
Took me a day and a bit but now I have fitted one pair I recon it would only take half a day now. No problem with the weather seal either, just had to trim a lumpy bit off the inside where it meets the Qlight. Theres a small gap at the front of the Qlight and the front of the door but I'm going to use black silicon to plug it. Not sure what the GT6 had

Archived