mk2 front wing wheel arch repair section remanufac

lloydpiestate

hello everybody,

yet another kind club member has come to our aid and lent me a pair of nos front wings, so i can now get cracking on getting the wheel arch section done and maybe half wings .

im collecting them this weekend and will get them to the manufacturer as soon as i can so i can get you all a price, but the price is determined on how many we want, so who of you out there are interested ?

let me know guys

all the best

lloyd

hi mark and alan,

i must be honest, im a little shocked in the slowness of replies also, as the mk1 stuff, ive had loads of orders !?

perhaps you are correct in what you say about members having wings stashed away, who knows ?

i did only make the posting two days ago, so im guessing that members were just out enjoying this lovely weather, on holiday, getting ready for the national or most importantly, awaiting peoples feedback on the build and fitment quality of the mk1 front arches.

i will recieve the fist arch shortly, for me to check over for both of the above mentioned, but i have no doubt on either, and the manufacturer knows i will except nothing less than top notch standard.

i met with and visited many manufactures on my quest to get these panels done, and the one i chose were far and away the best and left me in no doubt about the quality of panels we will all be recieving.

if people do have panels stashed, so be it, but the panels im getting done, are so in years to come ( present also of course ), said panels are available to keep our cars on the road, so i was thinking prob more long term than short  :).

many thanks for your thoughts on this matter,

enjoy the weather

lloyd  

hi lloyd

I think i have found a pair of front wings for my mk2, but if not would depend on price, i have used the volvo arches at moment but not happy with the fit
The chance`s are i would need/use mk2 front wings in the future but with having front wing repair sections and rear arches  for my mk1 on order with you can`t afford to have mk2 arches as well

Cheers Andy

hi steve,

thanks for the pm and you have been added to the list.

people are asking for the half wings as you have, and i will be asking the manufacturer for a costing on these.

from doing the mk1 arches and seeing the work involved in making these panels, i fear the cost will be large, ( but if the demand is there, i will do it ) so dependant on that price and listening to the needs of members, it may be cheaper and a better option to do variants of the arch, ie, smaller and bigger flares on them, but one off"s can always be done of course at a premium.

there are a few avenues i need to explore and discuss with the manufacturer upon dropping the wings off to them.

i will keep you all informed and many thanks for your interest.

lloyd

lloyd, may I suggest getting in touch with ted taylor or mike weaver (mikew) - they are involved with the remanufacture of various 2000/2500 obsolete parts both here and on the 2000 register forum.

at the meeting held at stoneleigh earlier this year there was a lot of interest expressed in mk2 wing repairs

hi mike,

you are on the list for the mk1 rears.

thanks for the heads up, i was at the meeting earlier in the year at stoneleigh and listened to all of the points made.

im in regular contact with ted, and mike is extreamly busy at the mo with his business and the " spares group " have given me thier backing and aid in any way they can.

thank you for your best wishes , but those wishes should also go to both ct and register members that have lent me thier panels to make this possible  :)

lloyd

hi there,

i hope to get the mk2 front wings and the mk1 rear wings to the manufacturer within the next two weeks.

hopefully i will have a price back from them a week after dropping them off,  then dependant on how busy they are, and the price is ok, production will begin as soon as possible.

the wheels of industry in this country, sadly, seem to move rather slowly  >:( but the end result will be worth the wait as my aim is quality, both in shape of panel and ease of fitment.

i will keep you all informed of developments at every stage.

lloyd

I replied on the Register forum, and came looking on here to do the same but didn't spot the message until just now.
I need a passenger side repair panel whatever else happens. I'm not too sure what to do about the dirvers side one though. After an argument with a truck I had to repair the drivers side wing. It was bad enough to need a large bit replacing but I don't know if a half wing will be high enough to remove all of the previous repair.

I'm just glad to have the oppertunity to get some panels and hopefully get to fix my car. I'd put off buying some Earlpart for years and have been waiting for them to start making some more. They promised more than a few years ago they would be but unfortunately it hasn't happened.

I hope I can afford a couple of sets just in case this time !

7478 wrote:
It was bad enough to need a large bit replacing but I don't know if a half wing will be high enough to remove all of the previous repair.

Rather than a full wing, they maybe able to make you a repair panel that goes all the way up to the top fold. See what responses Lloyd gets from the supplier.

How high up was the damage?

Come to the Potters (Mytchett) sometime and chat, you don't need your Triumph on the road before visiting!

steve,

i forgot to say in the pm i sent you, that " one offs " can be done, but clearly will cost more, so if you want me to ask the manufacturer to give me a cost for what you need, just give me a call with your requirements and i will ask them.

im trying to arrange a meeting with them this tuesday comming to drop off the mk1 rears and mk2 fronts, so if you want i can disscuss your needs with them then.

all the best

lloyd

mobile 07920796802