MK3 seat runners

aknight123456

Evening all,

I've acquired some MK3 seats and had them reupholstered however getting hold of any runners seem to be like finding unicorn faeces!

I can't seem to find any mention of alternatives. I was thinking the easiest option would be to get some plates fabricated and to bolt them in a fixed position.

Does anyone have any experience with this problem?

• 1 month later...
Quoted from Velocita Rosso-
Quoted from aknight123456-

Spitfire.

Last time I checked with spitbitz they only had MK4 onwards runners, will check again just in case!

...and Spitfire Graveyard?

So I managed to track some down at Spitfire Graveyard after ringing back over a few weeks. I have now stumbled on a new peculiar issue...

My spit is a Mk3 according to chassis number, a very late one having been registered after the mk3 stopped production, however I have just taken the existing after market seats out that the previous owner fitted. Weirdly the Mk3 seat runners do not fit, I have a pair of mk4 seat runners which I checked out of curiosity and they do fit. So it appears my mk3 has a mk4 floor plan...has anyone else come across anything like this?

I'm now thinking I have 3 real options to get the mk3 seats in the car. Get a custom fixed bracket fabricated to bolt the seats to the mk4 holes. Get the mk3 rails modified to fit the mk4 holes, they are about 1inch wider and several longer so a plate welded to the runners may work? I could possibly get the mk4 runners modified to fit the mk3 seats. I don't want to drill new holes as they floor already has two sets with the mk4 and aftermarket holes!

Any advice appreciated!

Cheers,

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

I have a very late, very original,mk3 which came with original seats and runners.  I swapped these for 1500 seats as i wanted recliners for the RBRR (new runners needed).  To my surprise there were sets of holes already in the floor pans for both types of runners!  No drilling required.

Bob

Quoted from Horace-

I have a very late, very original,mk3 which came with original seats and runners.  I swapped these for 1500 seats as i wanted recliners for the RBRR (new runners needed).  To my surprise there were sets of holes already in the floor pans for both types of runners!  No drilling required.

Bob

Late mk 3 was prepared for the US marked - and GT6 (your car should also has holes in the heel board panel for the GT6 mk 2 suspension)