Alloy rocker cover

DougBGT6

My rocker cover is an embarrassment, rusty and bent out of shape. There's a nice one here going on a 6 cylinder spitfire. I want one! But I've also read on here that it's a tight fit in the power bulge and sometimes fouls it. Why does it fit on some and not others? Is there some adjustment on the bonnet height? Or is it down to slight difference in tolerances during bonnet manufacture?

Bonnet height adjustment? Consult your manual.

But also read up on alloy covers.   Apart from the height, they don't seal easily, special silicone gaskets available.

I have half a dozen covers in fair shape - PM me if you want one.
John

Go for an original or shiny chrome type
The alloy ones can be a tight fit and some have the front end milled to enable the fit without bonnet rub
Bonnet adjustment is a no no as the panel gaps are thrown out at the quarters and tapering at the bulkhead/seam lines
We are back to the `make it look modern` scenario.
Fitting the original gives you the sealing you require with the trough in the cover and allows it to sit square
The alloy type would have been best designed with that trough milled out, then it might be a better fit
Find a decent one,clean it up and take it for chroming
We have two alloy type in the scrap bin