Headlamp wiring

Docman

My headlamps are now only functioning on high (dip) beam.  

I have had my steering collumn out (GT6 Mk3) which meant unplugging all the wires.  I tried to label all the connectors and reassemble accordingly but there is a chance I may have mixed up a couple because the masking tape label fell off of one lead.  All other electrical systems seem to be fine.

I have a wiring diagram so I can determine the colors of the wires coming off the switch, I'm just not sure if the mating wires from the connectors are the same colors.

Just to make sure I have the dip beam wired properly, they should engage when the stalk is DOWN, correct?

3106 wrote:
Just to make sure I have the dip beam wired properly, they should engage when the stalk is DOWN, correct?

Yes.

Dip should be Blue with Red stripe
Full should be Blue with White stripe

I have not got a diagram to hand but the should be on both the loom and the switch cable. The wiring diagram should show all the cables & codes.

There's a weird bit (on some Triumphs) where the live feed for the Full Beam Flash (purple I think) connects to a different colour on the column.

This is what I found on my car for the harness connections from the dipswitch to the main harness:

Quote:

Switch side    ->   harness side
------------------------------------
blu/wht                blu/wht
blu/red                blu/red
brn/red                blu
brn                      prpl

Archived