Davemate

I think my foot dip switch is playing up, having fitted a light relay loom im finding that when on dip beam I'm using the foot switch to switch to main beam the headlights all go out 🤔
I've checked the original bulb plug that's now the trigger for the relay loom and when the foot switch is clicked there's no power at the plug for either dip or main, if clicked a few times then power is appearing back to dip and somtimes the main,I can only assume it's the foot switch dicking about
Can it be serviced/cleaned or is it a chuck away item.

depending which dip switch you have you might be able to drill out the rivets and open it up.

The switch operates by turning a square peg through 90 degrees every time the button is pushed. On 2 opposing sides are the contacts for dip and the other 2 opposing sides are the contacts are for main beam.

After a clean and a bend of the contacts you can put it back together with new rivets. All doable on the kitchen table.

or buy a new one

Andy