Dashboard light lever and dashboard switch

Jack Hartshorn

Hi Jack

Your first photo is  to direct the air flow from your heater/fan either up to the windscreen or down to your feet. It is attached to a steel cable that runs from the 'switch' to a flap just above your gearbox cover just behind the bulkhead.

The second photo is the switch on your interior light to turn the light on when you haven't got the doors open

• Like 1

1 hour ago, standardthread said:

Hi Jack

Your first photo is  to direct the air flow from your heater/fan either up to the windscreen or down to your feet. It is attached to a steel cable that runs from the 'switch' to a flap just above your gearbox cover just behind the bulkhead.

The second photo is the switch on your interior light to turn the light on when you haven't got the doors open

Oh right that makes sense, I don’t think the lever on mine is working then because I’ve never noticed it doing anything but I’m not too bothered it’s nothing major thank you for letting me know

54 minutes ago, Jack Hartshorn said:

It should be where the hinges are sat on behind the door it’s a little button on a spring

I know on the wiring diagrams I have they are shown but on my car there aren't any button switches or signs here ever were, that doesn't mean it never had them though over 50+ years of life anything could have happened. 🤔

4 minutes ago, Rosbif said:

I know on the wiring diagrams I have they are shown but on my car there aren't any button switches or signs here ever were, that doesn't mean it never had them though over 50+ years of life anything could have happened. 🤔

Yes that’s a fair opting it’s not very powerful anyway to be honest I had to put some led lights above my windscreen so I can see in the dark it’s a lot better it lights up the whole interior

Hi Jack , just a thought mate re your charging problems. Try buying a cheap discarnect device . It’s a battery terminal that has a shut off screw so you can disconnect the battery whenever you leave the vehicle without touching the terminals . This will prevent what’s known as ‘parasitic drain’ . A clock , interior light (even your LED ones) will draw tiny amounts of power . Generators were marginal even back in the day and will struggle to cope with charging the battery when the car is used at night or in cold weather . Even running the car on the driveway will drain the battery on tickover as the generator won’t be charging . Every time you crank it over it’s drawing a huge No of amps and it will flatten the battery very quickly . One way of helping is to fit a trickle charging device which you can plug in when the car is parked up . This will keep your battery in top condition and ready to go . 

• Like 1

On 04/12/2022 at 18:04, Jack Hartshorn said:

Hi I was just wondering what these did in my herald I can’t seem to figure out what they are for. Thanks in advance.

B037F048-5DBC-4FC2-8204-0F4F5CB5F28C.jpeg

1DA568EF-84BC-48F8-B610-CF0999FA372A.jpeg

Hi Jack, You´ve got the answers you were looking for. The TR6 has a similar air direction control pictogram: I usually tell people it´s for the ejector seat, don´t touch it!

• Haha 2

On 05/12/2022 at 19:30, Darren Sharp said:

One way of helping is to fit a trickle charging device which you can plug in when the car is parked up . This will keep your battery in top condition and ready to go . 

The option we went for to keep my daughter's battery topped up because of the blue tooth radio, was to buy a small solar panel (caravan/boat type etc.) and plug it in to a cigarette (power) socket in the car and place the panel on the dashboard when the car wasn't used. The panels are about 14" x 4" and come with the option of a plug or crocodile battery clips.

• Like 1