AGC

Has anyone any experience of these carpet sets.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-Spitfire-Full-Black-Carpet-Set-High-Quality-/311032447417?pt=UK_Car_Interior_Accessories&hash=item486afa81b9

Any other suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks

I wonder if this would be a good option for me as a interim measure, it suits my budget.

I have a brand new carpet set in Blue for my Gt6 1, it came with the car. But it should be black, the bottom of the door cards are black. I dont have £400 at the moment for the Newton ones, so one of these or fit the blue Coverdale set, for free, but not correct ?

Hmm what to do ........

The carpets are dark Midnight Blue, all cut to shape and sewn, they have the all the edges handbound in a slightly lighter blue. hessian backed. Could look quite good with the shadow blue interior trim as they are so dark ? One worry is that on the inner bag they came in has hand written GT6 MK III non rotoflex, hope this is just the bag. May have to email them to find out the differences so I can tell if they are right, maybe they would even swap them ! They were £102 in 1999 when bought.

the link to site

http://www.carcarpets.co.uk/triumph-91-c.asp

It would still have the blue edging, so I think its a case of use it or not. I am leaning towards using it as it is a very dark blue and it wont cost me anything. I can always replace at a later date with a moulded one and spend now on more important bits to get the car going again.

that were my thoughts too in the days.

i like to dark blue look with the shadow blue interior more than the black. the contrast is a bit more soft with the blue on blue.
Dont mind the kickpads on the doors, perhaps i will replace them in the future.

The wrinkels on the tunnelcover bother me, so thats why i will opt for a moulded some day.

I have thought bout that, i even bought the material to do the H-piece.

After sitting in the car and rethinking the design. I felt that the h-piece belongs to the dashboard, which has black details, like the top, the oh-shit-bar, the glove boxes and the a-posts (still have to do those, they are supposed to be black, like the b-posts too).

I have seen a review from the 60-ies which was in black and white, but you could see a difference in the shade of the h-piece. I think the car as white with red interior and the shade looked much the same..

7952 wrote:
I like the look of your interior Eddie. Mine was torn apart when I bought it so I have never really known what it should look like.
As for the H piece, I have a new wooden dash, and plan on veneering the H support also.

If you need anything about the detailing let me know, i can take pictures or tell you how it was delivered originally. I like to know everything about my cars, changes during production etc.
Of course you have seen that my 4 gauge centre dash is not original, but i like the looks. Besides that, the prototype of the gt6 was designed by michelotti with the 4 gauge layout.

They all have the orange needle though