Unable to add photos

I am trying to post photos to help a fellow club member but the website won’t allow me to might it  he possible to increase the allowed size as new phone cameras take larger photos using more pixels 

I’ve tried just posting one photo without text but still not allowed any suggestions please 

Edited by Wendy Dawes

1 hour ago, Wendy Dawes said:

I am trying to post photos to help a fellow club member but the website won’t allow me to might it  he possible to increase the allowed size as new phone cameras take larger photos using more pixels 

I’ve tried just posting one photo without text but still not allowed any suggestions please 

The hosting company place restrictions on image sizes. The solution is to resize then post. 

I had a similar problem which was due the format my phone was saving the photos in. My phone had switched without my knowledge from JPEG to HEIC format. Apparently the HEIC format uses less memory space but the problem is the CT website and lots of other sites don’t recognise HEIC and won’t let you upload them. There are free converters available to convert them back but it’s time consuming. I have now switched my phone back to JPEG. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I have changed the setting in my phone to JPEG and still the website refuses to add photos, even ones that I have posted in the past  

it’s very frustrating don’t know what to do about it other than give up trying 🤷🏻‍♀️

The problem has been found. Each member has an attachment allocation, and when you reach the limit you can not add any more.

If anybody wants to check there attachment history, click https://www.clubtriumph.co.uk/attachments/?sortby=attach_filesize&sortdirection=desc and you will get them. Click on the post title on the right in the list to visit the post, and members can then edit their posts.

The solution is to host videos on youtube etc, and embed on your posts. Simple guide here

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/171780?hl=en

Pictures are best resized down to 1024 pixels wide. 

To resize pictures, there are plenty of options, google is your friend!

Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1