Just joined the club I’m from Kent

Steveant1

Hi Steve , in the Kent area you are in good company although I’m not sure about local group activity . I used to live in Essex and occasionally came down through the pipe to the local Kent all Triumph group but I think that has now gone. You do have Chris Tickner who has a lovely Mk 3 Spitfire and a Herald nearby and the East Sussex guys are very good . Welcome to the Club! 

IMG_7532.jpeg

IMG_1853.jpeg

Hi Steve, Welcome but don’t admit you’re From Kent! There’s a Good Group of Triumph owners over here in East Sussex where we won’t be Druv. Currently in the custodian of a Coal Tits Nest with Egg located in my Bulkhead ! See Too Long in Lounge Bar!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Wendy Dawes said:

Hi Steve and welcome to the club,  I’m in West Mids group but just wanted to welcome you . Hope you enjoy being a member and joining in all the fun events etc 

photo of your car?  
this is Mabel my 12/50 herald which is in the process of engine removal/rebuild 

3b480413-bea0-48da-b4ce-c1eb26e5efbc.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, Steveant1 said:

Hi like the car mine is coming tomorrow but needs some work to the sunroof as I need to take it off and replace it. I have one to go on. 

5 minutes ago, Clive said:

East Sussex here. 

Got a Spitfire, Vitesse and Dolomite. Just about every variety of post 60s Triumph turn up to the meeting (which is a joint Triumph club effort)

Hi. And thanks I d o like the spitfire. I think that the vitesse is the better model. The dolomite I use to have when I was a lot younger. Lol

IMG_0179.png

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Wendy Dawes said:

Hi Steve and welcome to the club,  I’m in West Mids group but just wanted to welcome you . Hope you enjoy being a member and joining in all the fun events etc 

photo of your car?  

34 minutes ago, Wendy Dawes said:

photo of your car?  

IMG_0179.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. All thanks for welcoming me to the group. I will have lots of questions for you all as this is my first triumph herald I got to have a chance to have a better look at the car as it’s now in a garage I have rented I had a look at the sunroof and definitely needs replacing. The steering is very heavy brakes are a bit sized and engine running ruff side back windows rubbers need replacing so. Got some work ahead of me. So please feel free to give me your expertise any help would be much appreciated. 

Heavy steering. Are the tyres properly inflated? 26-30psi. If so, next thing is to jack the front up, see if it is still heavy. If so, suspect trunnions. 

However, remember these cars have no power steering, so at parking speeds can feel heavy.

Brakes, reseal front calipers, new rear wheel cylinders, new discs/pads and possibly shoes. Reseal the master cylinder. Total cost under £100 and real peace of mind 

Engine. Old fuel? Check for a good spark, plugs/points/condenser and timing. No idea about the solex carb though.

Thank you people. It’s good to pass experience over. I am going to jack it up spin the wheels and turn the steering from side to side and see. I was told that it was heavy but it seems to heavy stiff but I will see. I will have a good day to have a look soon and give it a lots of attention and hopefully will pay me back. 

• Like 1