windscreen to roof seal

Martin M

There is a story with this seal. It was initially remade by Six Spares in the early 1990s, they were provided with an original unused seal to copy - I know this as I deliverd the sample to them by hand.
Despite access to an original seal, the compound chosen was much harder, making the new product copmpletely useless. It's been made in the same form ever since...

My own approach is to use an off-the-shelf sponge profile (image below) which is about 1/2" wide overall. It lacks the large lip which goes back over the flange on the frame, but it has the small lip which sits just over the front edge. Once installed it looks 100% correct.
The void behind the new, smaller seal can be packed with mastic or other commercial sealant if desired, but in the real world it's of little consequence.

If you need the sponge profile, it's one I used to sell when I was retailing Triumph parts. I still have some remaining in stock, PM me for details,

Cheers,
Bill.