Davemate

Having purchased two of these headlight relay looms and add to the fact I'm electric dummy I need to clear up a couple of things 🤔

Blue wires :- earth
Big red :- battery live
Yellow sockets go onto headlights:- as I've got 2 looms one loom on the inner and one for the outer
Black socket :- I'm pointing at it :-I plug one of the original headlight sockets into it which will act as a trigger for the new looms relays

Outer lights done,so I now have dip beam and half of main beam on relays 😏
I need to get a drill big enough to make a hole in the back of the inner back bowl so I can poke the conector through. The wires are run,I just need to make the hole and I'm not sure if I'll need to fit different bulb conectors for the halogen bulbs,when I fitted the halogen convertion I seem to recall the inner and outer bulbs were different as one was dip and main and the other was just main.
At least the hard work is done

Edit :-
Just realised if I have to change the bulb conectors then I can just poke the wires through the small original hole before I fit the new conectors.
I'll have to pop the fronts off to have a look when I get time

Quoted from Davemate

The above loom has two relays !

But not as you might expect! on is a switching relay, so it can connect the power from the "normal" relay to either the dipped or main lights. Clever, as it means you only need one heavy power supply wire, one fuse etc.
(you could do that with 2 normal relays, and split the connection. But the pre-made loom is more elegant.)

This looks good, I might get a kit for my Herald. I've got Halogen lights fitted in my Herald, so a Relay kit would really be a benefit.

What would I need to order for my car then?

I seem to remember someone once suggesting running the heater fan through a relay to get maximum power out of the fan. Seeing as mine is a NOS heater box I'm wondering if this kit could be adapted to the fan too?