I am going to put a couple of relays in for my headlights and put a fuse box in too.  My Herald is a negative earth 13/60 I have already put an alternator in.
Now reading the electrical  wiring diagram it appears the headlights are protected by a fuse already to the main switch. Has anyone added extra in?

Hello Pigboy,

I'm no Herald expert but usually Triumph lights are not protected with a fuse. If you are going to add fuses I suggest that you don't just have one fuse on the main feed, but at least split the fusing to dip and main. (Ideally fuse each lamp filament circuit) With just one fuse, if it fails you lose all the headlights, if split you can use the other circuit and still have lights.

Alec

The only fuse is an in-line one for the flash.

Adding fuses is easy, just buy a good blade box, cut the wires where you want it and connect them back together with the box in between. For an after-market box I found the one with a screw on the top best, the clip together ones are pants. eBay is an obvious place to get it but I think my mate bought one from B&M of all places (they also tend to have a nice beer selection too, just saying...)

You can never really have too many fuses. Just make sure you think about what you want to split or group together carefully, as it can really help trace faults later on if you're clever. And don't forget about Ohms law when picking ratings.

Quoted from ferny
The only fuse is an in-line one for the flash.

Adding fuses is easy, just buy a good blade box, cut the wires where you want it and connect them back together with the box in between. For an after-market box I found the one with a screw on the top best, the clip together ones are pants. eBay is an obvious place to get it but I think my mate bought one from B&M of all places (they also tend to have a nice beer selection too, just saying...)

You can never really have too many fuses. Just make sure you think about what you want to split or group together carefully, as it can really help trace faults later on if you're clever. And don't forget about Ohms law when picking ratings.

Ferny's right!!