Propshaft length 34"

heraldcoupe

I have something of a special project on the go. It looks like I'll have to get a custom propshaft made as the length needs to be 34". The closest lengths I can find off the shelf are 35.5" for an overdrive GT6, or 32" for some MGBs.
Before I get something made-up, does anyone know of a readily available propshaft which would match my needs? I don't have figures for any of the TR propshafts and wondered if there might be anything suitable from that range,

Cheers,
Bill.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the pointers, much to be followed up, particularly the Dolomite.Toledo possibilities.

I'll try and keep it to BL parts bin stuff to keep things simple in terms of flanges & UJs. If I can't get to 34" off the shelf I'll cut one down to suit, but it would be simpler not to,

Cheers,
Bill.

Quoted from cliftyhanger
The solid (no sliding joint sadly) section is 31" between centre of UJ cups. I make each flange approx 1 1/2", so it would give you 34"?
You are more than welcome to it.

Yes please!
The 34" distance can be managed to some degree with shims, so the solid shaft should be OK.

Not going to Beaulieu by any chance are you?

Cheers,
Bill.