Rotoflex Telescopic damper conversion.

bennygoodman

Has anybody done the Rotoflex telescopic conversion kit on here that can help me.

When I bought the car this kit was partly fitted, the brackets were in place but the dampers not fitted, when I have tried to fit the dampers which are Spax adjustable they are not long enough, fully extended they do not reach the brackets.
Also there is an angle between the bottom bracket and the top bracket which is sloping from the bottom bracket towards the rear of the car if that makes sense.

I have enclosed  just one picture for now of the top bracket which also to me looks much to close to the body of the car, the bolt is actually touching the bodywork, does anyone have any pictures of how it should look fitted or is this fitted correctly?

The dampers are intended to limit the lower travel of the suspension so you will need to jack the suspension up a little to fit them.

The upper and lower mounts being out of line front to rear is a known issue with this conversion.  It appears much worse on some cars than others and can vary side to side too (mine lines up well on one side but is a bit out on the other).  Bear in mine that this will change a bit when the rear tracking is set as this moves the vertical link forwards/backwards.

A bit of mis-alignment doesn't seem to matter (mines been like this 20+ years with same dampers, no worries).  You may also be able to pack it a bit one way or the other with washers,  depends how bad the misalignment is.

Cheers

Nick

The clearance to the body is rather tight, I cut a
Way the return on the bodywork to make clearance. Not at home tonight or I'd post a picture but if you look at my blog and posts from October there is a picture in one of the posts.

Here you go Benny, I'm home now so here's a picture, it didn't show up too well on the photo where I trimmed back the body return flange so I've marked it up. Without doing this the body would have been touching the bracket...

Mine are the Triumphtune kit from MOSS, not sure if all the kits are like this or just the Triumphtune variant.