Rear suspension overhaul

tombruton

Hi

I'm going to replace the leaf spring and shocks on my Spit, was wondering where the best place for a new/NOS spring was? I'm going with Konis for the rear plus a spacer block, but another question, was size?

I'm only returning to the UK for 3 days so I need to know & order before I get there! I have mainly used Dave Saunders (Worcester) and Canleys, but I could also get to Fitchetts if necessary.

Cheers!

Yep - I will check, I'm only in the UK for two days before heading back to France, and postage costs from the UK are a pain. Even Bastuck (based in France) charge a minimum of 20euros postage, and there on the German border so a 10+ hour drive!

Anything else I need? Bushes for the spring, new bolts... anything to add?

Chances are your bolts will be ok, but the trunnion ones may be seized.
So those, and a heap of nylocs for the others.
Re-bush trunnions?
Change UJs while its all off.
If the spring is coming off, you may need new studs on the diff.

I rebuilt my swing spring with a superflex top bush, you may want spring eye bushes too?
Bolts for the spring fastenings if you dismantle it?

:)

Trunnions better not be seized, I redid them all 2 years ago! Famous last words.... Also UJs all changed at Dave Macs in Cov (those were the days when everything was a 5 min drive away!) fitted a polybush spring pad then too, but will probably end up destroying the spring eye ones getting them out.

Heap of nylocs - good idea - Wrights fastenings on Torrington Ave for me, think I'll stock up big time, can't seem to find imperial over here for some reason... Philistines... :P

Archived